- Module 1: Introduction to Management Systems [eLearning]
- Purpose and Scope of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Benefits of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Plan Do Check Act
- Key Terminology
- Documented Information
- Module 2: Environmental and OHS Regulation [eLearning]
- Role of the regulatory authorities
- Environmental regulatory framework
- OHS regulatory framework
- Management of legal compliance
- Legal compliance – Role of the auditor
- Module 3: Introduction to Auditing [eLearning]
- First, Second- and Third Party Audits
- Audit Standards
- Benefits of Accredited Certification
- Auditing Terminology
- Principles of Auditing
- Audit Program Management
- Module 4: Audit Planning [eLearning]
- Audit Objectives, Scope, Criteria
- Audit Location and Methods
- Selection of the Audit team
- Desired Auditor Behaviours
- Roles Throughout the Audit Process
- Module 5: Audit Initiation and Preparation [eLearning]
- Establish Contact and Determine Audit feasibility
- Audit Plan and Assigning Work to the Audit Team
- Audit Work Documents
- Module 6: Conducting the Audit [eLearning]
- Opening Meeting
- Managing Auditee Reactions
- Audit methods
- Audit Sampling
- Module 7: Generating Audit Findings and Closing Meeting [eLearning]
- Audit Finding Types
- Non-Conformity Grading and Reporting
- Audit Conclusion
- Module 8: Audit Reporting Completion and Follow-Up [eLearning]
- Audit Report
- Verifying Corrective Actions
- Certification Decision
- Module 9: Introduction to Auditing [Live Workshop]
- Legal Compliance versus Conformity
- Audit Lifecycle
- Initial Certification
- Module 10: Audit Planning [Live Workshop]
- Audit Objectives, Scope, Criteria
- Performing a Document Review
- Determination of Audit Duration
- Selection of the Audit Team
- Risk Based Audit Plan
- Audit Checklists
- Module 11: Conducting the Audit [Live Workshop]
- Opening Meeting
- Simulated Audit [Case Study]
- Evaluate Objective Evidence
- Module 12: Generating Audit Findings and Closing Meeting [Live Workshop]
- Types of Audit Findings
- Final Audit Team Meeting
- Prepare Audit Conclusions
- Closing Meeting
- Module 13: Audit Reporting, Completion and Follow-Up [Live Workshop]
- Documenting and Grading Nonconformities
- Audit Report
- Audit Follow-Up
Our Online ISO 14001 And ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Training Course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of EH&S management systems against ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO IEC 17021-1, as applicable.
Blended Course Format
Our Online ISO 14001 And ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Training Course is split into a blend of 24hrs of eLearning (40%) that is completed first before attending 5-days of skills-based Live Instructor Workshops (60%).
On completion, successful Learners will have the knowledge & skills needed to:
- Explain the purpose of environmental and OH&S management systems, standards, and audits
- Explain the purpose of third-party certification, and the business and societal benefits of improving the performance of the environmental and occupational health and safety management systems
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow up a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO IEC 17021, as appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report, and follow-up an audit of an environmental and OH&S management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO IEC 17021, as appropriate
Successful completion of this course will entitle you to a digital Certificate of Achievement covering both ISO 14001 2015 Lead Auditing & ISO 45001 2018 Lead Auditing.
In order to successfully complete this course, each Learner will need to:
- Complete the eLearning modules and obtain 70% or higher in the final assessments (MCQ-based) by the required deadline set in advance of the given workshop dates you are registered for
- Fully attend the Live Instructor Workshops as 100% attendance is required
- Obtain 70% or higher in the graded assessments during the Live Instructor Workshops
- Complete Final Examinations* that are remotely invigilated (Live Proctored). Each Learner must obtain 70% or higher in each Final Examination which is completed securely online (under strict examination conditions).
*Note: the final examination is closed book and will assess each Learner on the full course program – including knowledge of the ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 Requirements.
Recommended Prior Learning
Before completing this course, each Learner should have the following prior knowledge:
- It is recommended that anyone wishing to attend this course has some work-based experience in Environmental, Health & Safety Management (based on ISO 14001 & ISO 45001) or Internal Auditing in advance of registering for this training course
ISO 14001/45001 Requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 and the commonly used terms associated with each standard is a key pre-requisite in attending this course. Without this knowledge, the course & final examination may be very challenging.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 may be gained by completing a relevant Foundation training course or equivalent
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) Cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
Occupational Health and Safety Management
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
Fluency in spoken and written English
- For participants whose first language is not English, we recommend a minimum English language competency of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for successful completion of the program. This is not assessed by Comply Guru in advance & each participant must self-assess their competency.
ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 (International Standards)
Each participant should have a printed (hard) copy of each standard with them to the course. These are not provided by Comply Guru.
There are recommended requirements for each Learner in wishing to complete any of our eLearning modules. In our experience, Workplace IT environments’ internal configurations and available software can vary (new or old), and there may be various limitations or other restrictions in place, and as such, the functionality of any Learning Management System (LMS) may be impacted, restricted and may not perform well.
Click here to read the full technology requirements.
- Your Computer System and EquipmentYou are solely responsible for supplying all equipment, Internet access, and bandwidth needed to properly access and use the Course. Before paying for (or being provided with access to) any Course, You must confirm the compatibility of your computer system with the published computer specification for the applicable Course. COMPLY GURU shall have no responsibility or liability for Your inability to access the Course due to issues beyond COMPLY GURU’s control, including but not limited to the speed of Your modem – or other connection devices used, Your use of third-party security software or firewall/proxy servers, or the performance levels of Your internet service provider.
- Ownership of the Courses and Your Limited UseYou acknowledge and agree that all Courses, as well as all intellectual property rights and other rights in and to such Courses, are owned exclusively by COMPLY GURU in their entirety, that such Courses are the intellectual and/or industrial property of COMPLY GURU, and that such Courses are the preexisting intellectual property of COMPLY GURU. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement conveys any ownership or right in such Courses, except for the non-exclusive, limited-time online viewing of the Courses (see Time Limit in Section 3). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, You shall: (a) at all times maintain the Courses for Your own personal viewing and shall not disclose, publish, distribute, display, give or sell the Courses or portions thereof to or with any third party or any other person within Your company or organization; (b) limit the use of the Courses for Your own educational enhancement; and (c) not copy, print (including screen prints), publish, save (whether in hard copy or electronic form), distribute, give, sell, modify, transmit, or create derivative works without the express wrote consent of COMPLY GURU. You agree that COMPLY GURU has the right to temporarily or permanently limit or bar your access to the Course for any noncompliance with COMPLY GURU policies and practices as communicated or posted from time to time, including but not limited to a violation in any form or manner of this Agreement.
- Time Limit of Access for Each Course; TerminationEach Course has a specified time period for access and use (the “Time Limit”). The Time Limit begins when COMPLY GURU issues Your login details for each Course and ends as stated with respect to each Course. Your right to use and access a Course terminates automatically at the end of the Time Limit. Notwithstanding the foregoing, COMPLY GURU retains the right to suspend or to terminate Your access and use of a Course for any breach of this Agreement (including non-payment). COMPLY GURU also retains the right to terminate Your access and use of the Course at any time and for no reason by simply refunding your payment for such Course within sixty (60) days of notice of termination from COMPLY GURU.
- PaymentPayment shall be made before the use of any Course. Fees will be as stated on the applicable website or informational materials about a Course, which fees may change from time to time at COMPLY GURU’s sole discretion. All fees are exclusive of any taxes and duties such as value-added tax, sales-and-use tax, import or other duties. You are responsible for paying all taxes and duties at the required rate and in accordance with applicable law. COMPLY GURU processes payment through a third-party payment provider. COMPLY GURU shall have no liability for any claims arising out of or in connection with this payment process or the information you provide, including but not limited to the processing or failure to properly process any payment.
- The PlatformYou understand and agree that all Courses utilize an online learning platform by LearnUpon Limited (https://www.learnupon.com), which platform includes all documentation, manuals, videos, and software in or accessible through this platform (the “Platform”). You agree to comply with the LearnUpon Terms of Services, as updated from time to time (see https://www.learnupon.com/terms-of-service/).
- Intellectual PropertyIn addition to the intellectual property discussed in Section 2 above, all content included or available on or in the Course or this website, including the design, code, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof is intellectual property or copyright protected materials of COMPLY GURU, its affiliates, or a third party but it is under no circumstances Your property and You shall have no right, title or interest in any of the foregoing. Any reproduction, retransmission, or republication of any or all parts of any part of the Course is expressly prohibited unless COMPLY GURU has expressly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit or republish the material. The names, trademarks, service marks, and logos of COMPLY GURU or its affiliates appearing on this website or in connection with any Course may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate COMPLY GURU’s affiliation with any product or service, without COMPLY GURU’s prior express written permission. All other rights reserved.
- DISCLAIMERSCOURSE “AS IS”. USE OF THE COURSE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER COMPLY GURU NOR ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT THAT USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE COURSE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THAT ANY COURSE IS OR WILL BE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE CONTENT OF ANY COURSE IS ERROR-FREE, ACCURATE, OR UP-TO-DATE. EACH COURSE AND THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. You expressly acknowledge and agree that due to the rapidly evolving nature of regulatory legislation, the content of a Course may become outdated and/or incorrect at any time. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPLY GURU AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THAT: (A) USE OR ACCESS TO THE COURSE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED (B) THE COURSE IS FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (C) THE COURSE IS ERROR-FREE, ACCURATE, OR UP-TO-DATE, (D) ANY INFORMATION OR DATA IN THE COURSE CAN BE RELIED UPON BY YOU, OR (E) THE COURSE, THE PLATFORM, AND SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGESCOMPLY GURU shall have no liability to You, to your company or organization, or to any third party for consequential, exemplary, special, incidental, or punitive damages even if COMPLY GURU has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Any claim or cause of action that you may have with respect to your Course or this Agreement must be commenced within six (6) months after receiving access to any Course. EXCEPT FOR COMPLY GURU’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPLY GURU BE LIABLE TO you, to your COMPANY OR organization, or to ANY THIRD PARTY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM ARISING UNDER THIS agreement or for use of the Course IN AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID TO COMPLY GURU for the Course. THE LIMITATIONS of this section APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS IN THE AGGREGATE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, PROFESSIONAL NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATIONS, AND OTHER TORTS OR CLAIMS.
- INDEMNIFICATIONYou shall be solely responsible for and shall defend, indemnify and hold COMPLY GURU, its affiliates, and their respective employees, agents, officers, directors, and assigns harmless from and against any claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, liabilities, expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees), costs, damages and awards (collectively “Claims”) including, without limitation, Claims relating to property damage, personal injury, wrongful death or economic loss arising out of or resulting from (a) Your access, use, or misuse of the Course; (b) any violation of Sections 2 OR 6 above; or (c) Your failure to abide by ANY OTHER terms and conditions of this Agreement. This indemnity provision shall survive any and all terminations of this Agreement, THE TIME LIMIT, or use of the Courses.
- Links to Other WebsitesA Course may contain links to third-party websites. Access to any other website linked to the Course is at the user’s own risk and COMPLY GURU is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice, or statements found on those websites, and COMPLY GURU does not exert any editorial or other control over those other sites. COMPLY GURU provides these links merely as a convenience to You and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement by COMPLY GURU of any such third-party sites or their content.
- FeedbackTo the extent You provide COMPLY GURU any feedback, ideas, modifications, comments, or suggestions about this website, a Course, this Agreement, or the content of any of the foregoing, then You hereby grant to COMPLY GURU a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, incorporate, create derivative works or otherwise exploit.
- No Third Party BenefitThis Agreement and each Course is for the benefit of the parties hereto and is not entered into for the benefit of any other person or entity.
- AmendmentsCOMPLY GURU reserves the right to amend this Agreement at any time and from time to time. Your continued use of any Course after posting of changes on this website constitutes your acceptance of those changes and COMPLY GURU has no obligation to inform you of such changes in any other manner.
- Jurisdiction/Choice of LawAny legal action by any party or any other person relating to this Agreement or the Course shall be brought and maintained exclusively in the Irish courts. The parties consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in such courts and agree not to invoke the jurisdiction of any other court. This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted and construed in accordance with Irish law, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- InvalidityIf any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement is adjudged to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement will not be affected thereby. Such invalid provision shall automatically be deemed to be replaced by the lawful provision that most nearly embodies the original intention of the parties as expressed herein, and the remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement will in any event otherwise remain valid and enforceable.
- Entire AgreementThis Agreement, its terms and conditions including COMPLY GURU's general terms and conditions, as well as such other agreements or documents referenced herein, as each may be amended from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between You and COMPLY GURU with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and Your use of the Course, and they supersede all previous communications, representations or agreements, whether oral, written or electronic, between the parties with respect to the said subject matter. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the terms and conditions of this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.